Monday, February 18, 2008

The Spiderwick Chronicles

The Spiderwick Chronicles by Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi

I read all five books and thought they were all very good. The fifth book was my favorite and that's what I'll talk about here.

The book is about 3 children, 2 brothers and one sister, and their most biggest adventure of all. One of the boys found a secret book, Arthur Spiderwick's Field Guide to the Fantastical World Around You. This adventure brings them face-to-face with goblins, house brownies, phookas, fairies, trolls, and other magical creatures.

I LOVED the books. They were so good that I wanted to be in the book!

One of my favorite parts has to be where they went to rescue their mom. My favorite character would have to be Malory. She was a smart girl and she was a fencing champion.

It was a really fun book to read. I recommend this book to others, especially kids who like adventure and fantasy books.


*moms note: there are a few minor swear words in the book. Sometimes the kids tell each other to shut up and call each other names. We read most of the book orally and I was able to edit out what I didn't want read!

No comments: